Are you considering purchasing, leasing, or constructing an office building, retail store, strip mall, restaurant, manufacturing facility, car wash, or medical or other professional building? These are complex transactions that involve significant legal issues that can have a critical impact on the success of your venture. Buckalew Frizzell & Crevina can assist you with all aspects of these transactions, such as:
- Assuring the property is zoned for the intended or existing use
- Determining if the use is a prior, non-conforming one
- Ascertaining and obtaining all necessary permits or other approvals required by the local municipality
- Handling all aspects of mortgage financing transactions for the purchase of the business or real estate
- Working with your accountant or other financial advisor on how to best structure the transaction and its tax aspects
- Arranging for the transfer of the business’s liquor license
- Seeking any necessary site plan, subdivision, or variance approvals from the local Planning Board or Zoning Board of Adjustment
- Coordinating with appropriate experts if the business premises or real estate have any state or federal environmental issues that must be resolved to protect you against potentially huge expense and liability
From this short list, you can see that commercial real estate transactions are usually more complex than residential deals. When we counsel a client embarking on a commercial real estate transaction, we first make sure we fully understand the parties’ intended deal – all the terms and conditions to which they have already tentatively agreed. Then we engage in detailed conversations with our client to confirm that those terms and conditions mirror their understanding and goals. We counsel our client regarding environmental and financial issues, and provide guidance and advice for every question or topic, no matter how small. We know what to look for in deals, and what to avoid. If any unforeseen issues arise, we meet them head-on. Our many years of experience as real estate attorneys, through all types of markets and transactions, is a huge benefit to our clients.
Please feel free to contact Robert Buckalew (email@example.com), Donna Shahrabani (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mary Wynn Seiter (email@example.com) by email or by phoning us at 201-612-5200 if you would like to learn more about how BFC can assist you in your purchase, lease, or construction of commercial real estate.