For thirty years, Buckalew Frizzell & Crevina has been vigorously representing condominium associations throughout New Jersey. We have represented hundreds of condominium associations – high-rise, mid-rise, townhouse, active senior, garden-apartment, conversion, and single-family communities, as large as 2000+ units.
All ten of our attorneys practice condominium law and we have a thorough understanding of the numerous New Jersey statutes and court decisions that are applicable to condominium associations. Our attorneys are well versed and experienced in guiding association Boards through the crucial “Transition” process from developer to unit owner control. Active members of the Community Associations Institute, we possess the proven ability, commitment and resources to promptly and cost-effectively counsel your Board and fulfill all of your association’s legal needs.
Among the many legal services that Buckalew Frizzell & Crevina routinely provides to our condominium association clients are:
- Guiding associations through the critical Transition period from developer control
- Aggressively pursuing collection of common expense arrears
- Providing legal opinions interpreting the Master Deed and Bylaws
- Preparing Master Deed and By-Law amendments
- Enforcing Rules and Regulations, Covenants and Restrictions
- Prosecuting and defending all litigation
- Negotiating and drafting all contracts, including major projects and service contracts
- Interacting with local and state agencies and boards, such as the DEP, DCA, planning boards and zoning boards of adjustment
- Securing compliance with the Municipal Services Act
- Rendering legal opinions concerning the legality of actions contemplated by officers, directors and trustees
- Assuring compliance with New Jersey statutes governing the operation of for-profit and non-profit corporations
- Litigating construction defect claims against developers
- Presiding over mediation or other ADR proceedings
- Attending monthly Board meetings and assisting in running annual meetings
- Counseling Boards on proper corporate governance
- Advising Boards on requests for reasonable accommodation by disabled residents
- Handling labor and employment issues, including union negotiations
And at Buckalew Frizzell & Crevina, we not only possess the broad knowledge and substantial experience to serve as your association’s counsel, but we also understand that your condominium is your home. Please contact Robert J. Buckalew (firstname.lastname@example.org), Eric Frizzell (email@example.com), David Frizzell (firstname.lastname@example.org), Donna Shahrabani (email@example.com), Cheryl Siegel (firstname.lastname@example.org), Mary Wynn Seiter (email@example.com), or John Middleton (firstname.lastname@example.org), by email or by calling us at 201-612-5200 to discuss how we can work together with you to make a difference for your association.